Monday, July 1, 2013

Three Weeks, Roses, and Montana!

THREE WEEKS OF SCHOOL LEFT!
 So there's that...
Today I woke up and realized...I have no idea where my I-Card is. This, if you know anything about BYU Idaho, is bad. Hopefully it shows up...SOON.
 
Earlier this week (Tuesday, I believe) I was hanging out at Enea's apartment when I got a text message from Haley telling me that I had a surprise that was "super presh" waiting for me at our apartment. I then proceeded to text her back saying "Is this just a ploy to get me back to the apartment? Nothing in my life right now is 'super presh'?" Well, apparently I was so very wrong. I came home to a single red rose taped to our apartment door. There was also a note taped to it. I don't know who it's from, but I THINK I know. It was the sweetest thing ever.


 
 
 
This past weekend was interesting. I honestly forgot what I did on Friday, but then I realized that I spent 4 and a half hours in the sewing lab trying to finish my project (I haven't finished it yet). After that, I'm not really sure what I did.
Saturday, however, Haley, Nahiomi, Lauren and I decided to randomly get in the car and go to Idaho Falls, because we wanted Chick-Fil-A. We also went to Target to find swimsuits. We really like our time away from...Rexburg.
 
 
 
For about a month, Haley, Lauren, Nahiomi and I have been wanting to have a roommate "sleepover" but it wasn't happening, so Saturday night, while Lauren was at cheer, we got our mattresses and moved them into the living room to have a Girl's Night!
We walked to Scoops (a dollar ice cream shop) to get Krispy Kreme and then we went to Little Caesars to get the perfect sleepover food: (Apparently something the four of us REALLY like...)PIZZA! We came back, ate, had a dance party, did some prank calling (yes, we prank called ex boyfriends), and then watched a scary movie...it was disturbing.
Sunday night, I had dinner with my roommates from Fall semester. I missed them so much. Erica wasn't there because she is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Georgia Atlanta mission. For the dessert, I made Salted Pretzel Caramel Brownies and left half the pan for my roommates. When I came back, this is how I found it:
My roommates just took forks to it. That's how we eat a lot of the desserts...it was delicious, so that's all that matter, right? Who needs plates?
I can't take credit for the recipe (however easy it is), so I'll post the link for all you recipe hoarders. http://recipesweet.net/salted-pretzel-caramel-brownies/ 
  We went back to The Ivy (the apartment complex that we used to live in) and tried to go to our old ward's Ward Prayer, but we missed ti by half an hour :/
 
Later Sunday night, Enea came over and we went on a mini walk. We sat in front of the Pines, and looked at the stars and talked a little bit. I never realized how pretty the Rexburg sky is at night.
 
This week is 4th of JULY week! Haley, Lauren and I are going to Montana to go boating and all that good stuff with some of Haley's friends. I'm super excited for that! Hopefully we'll get some good pictures to post.
 
 
That's about it for this post. I'm really sporadic with my blogging, but I'm trying to get back to a regular basis (weekly-ish) blogging schedule.
 
 
 
Have a great week! Happy Fourth to everyone!
God Bless!
 
Enjoy one of our songs of the weekend:
 
 
 
 

No comments: