Wednesday, July 17, 2013

This I Believe

This is just a random little post because I didn't blog about my week on Sunday, like I usually do.
I found this little jewel when I was looking through old Facebook messages. I had sent it to my sister in 2010 in the middle of my sophomore year of high school. It was an English assignment for my english class. We had to write about what we believe. Well, I'll just let you read it/ Presenting, words of wisdom from my 15 year old self:
 
The greatest failure of all is giving up on yourself, your dreams, and your talents. You are you for the reasons that you have different opinions, dreams, hopes, and talents. Letting go of all those things because you’ve faced a trial, heartache, and/or rejection is the greatest of failures. Believing that you can’t, wont, or don’t want to achieve much in life is part of that failure.
There is nothing more unique and beautiful than the passion and love that someone has for a dream, talent, or hope. The most crushing, painful sight to see, is someone give up on themselves, their dreams, and their talents. Your dreams and hopes can take you to extreme heights beyond your imagination, but only if you let them and don’t give up. Giving up means backing into a cold stone of fear that sheds no light on your dreams. If you doubt yourself and your dreams, then you give permission for others to doubt you also.
“I have a dream…” are the famous four words of Martin Luther King Jr. He had a dream, just like everyone that has lived, now lives, or will live on this earth. I have many dreams, that seem impossible to achieve, and at many points in my life I became so discouraged by what others said, I didn’t believe that I could achieve them. I believe that dreams are just imagination until you make them your reality. Being someone who has known since I was three years old what I want to do with my life is hard because sometimes I have no support from friends, family or myself. I often surround myself with ideas of ‘what could be’ and ‘what if’, rather than ‘what is’ and ‘how to take the next step’. In the hopes of fulfilling my life long dreams, I’ve been through so much heartache and rejection that often times have made me lose sight of what I wanted.
Giving up is easier than believing in yourself, but believing makes you stronger. It has definitely strengthened me
Shelly Long said, “If you don’t quit, and don’t cheat, and don’t run home when trouble arrives, you can only win.” Don’t quit just because you feel like the trials you’ve faced are too great and that you can’t succeed in what you love to do.
 
 

No comments: