Sunday, December 20, 2009

BCPE

About mid-November,there were auditions for the school Christmas play, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". I thought "Eh it wont be that fun,but I'll audition". So come audition day I headed to auditions,got a script,and went into the hall with two other girls to read through the alternate opening scene. When we went in,we read through the scene and they let us go. That was the whole audition,so i was walking down the hall and someone came running up behind me and said that the student directors wanted me back so i could read through a few more scenes! If you know me, then you would know that I was EXCITED! So I went back and they had me read through a different scene as a different character(the mother), then another scene as the Mother. So they told me that they thought I could be a more mature character,and they said that I did really well. They said that the cast list was going to be up by the end of the week! I knew from previous auditions not to get too excited or set your heart on getting cast,so I didn't. But when I saw the cast list I scored the part of Maxine. I was so extremely excited!Maxine is one of the three main church girls. Her Best Friends are Beth and Alice.

When practices started I knew a lot of the cast members but I wasn't really close to them at all. But we all automatically clicked after a few days. It felt like we had known each other for so much longer than just a week. After the first week or two of rehearsals,we started dress rehearsals for the next two weeks.We only did two shows,but they were both really good. The opening night,we went to Hometown Pizza after for dinner, and the last night we had a CRAZY cast party.

During the month that we had been rehearsing,there were some really strong friendships that were made. One of my best friends, Jonathan, was someone that was part of the cast. It was one of the best months of my life. I feel so comfortable on stage and I loved being part of something that I love. I felt so comfortable around everyone in the cast. I Miss it so much! It was one of the most amazing things I've ever done. I miss it,but I'm gonna keep auditioning and hopefully get a part in the spring musical!

No comments: